Bird Journal

Tales from Bloomfield, IN and elsewhere in the Northeast.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Last day of break

So going to Bluespring Caverns in Bedford was canceled. Sigh. So I walked to the library again (40 min). Yesterday it rained all day--no library. So I've been looking up woodpecker molt patterns (woodpeckers are confusing to age), email, and attempting to find info on car rentals and planning after Aug 6th (my last day!). I am trying to visit my aunt and uncle in Elmira, NY, and attend my cousin Adam's wedding in Madison, CT. I've decided renting a car makes the most sense, but now am looking up rates & fees, etc--what a pain! It's really stressing me out not to have everything planned yet--I will feel so much better when it's all figured out.

So tonight Pete will get back late from MI, then tomorrow we visit our site Sulphur Creek for the last time. (Sad!) Then Pete's parents visit--they will be coming with us when we band on Monday at Seedtick. At least we have permission to bring cameras on Monday and Tuesday--the only times we've been able to take picks of us with birds! (And what the sites look like, etc.) Crane is very strict.

This may be my last entry for a while--we'll see if I am able to come next week to the library, with all the visitors and closing duties. I'm sad to be leaving--I wish I could have come earlier, or it lasted longer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

I'm with you, I feel much better with a plan.

August 2, 2004 at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home