Purdue
So I've finished my second full week of work. :) I feel much better about things this week--I'm getting into the routine, and I didn't get lost walking during any of the net runs this time. :p I also am much better at identifying eastern birds.
Since Pete was going up to Chicago to visit his girlfriend this four-day break, I hitched a ride to Lafayette, IN to visit Emily's brother Arun at Purdue U. Since Arun has to work 9-5pm, I get to hang out at his apt and do email/read or wander about campus 'til he comes back in the evening. Ah, the joys of unlimited internet access! :)
Last night we made dinner-- a fun disaster. We made Masala Dosas--Indian pancakes (the dosas) with a potato curry. Only, we had to add extra potatos because the curry was too spicy and we forgot to include the okra until the very end (it had to be microwaved separately). It was hard to flip the dosas--they kept sticking to the pan--so they tended to be lumps and pieces and rather holey instead of pancakes. Everything was very tasty though, and Arun got the hang of the dosas on the very last one. :) I think next time they could come off without a hitch.
Tonight we're taking a break from cooking and going out to Japanese with Arun's friend Adam.
(This was supposed to be published last night.)
1 Comments:
Sweet! My Dad's a Purdue graduate, actually. I don't think I've ever seen the campus, strangely enough.
Post a Comment
<< Home