Since I am at the library without Pete, I am writing as much as I can before another patron kicks me off the computer. I have actually been here since 11:30 this morning, when I walked to the library (40 min one way) in order to have something to do. (What I won't do for internet access.) It was hot, and I got barked at by dogs, but I survived. Tomorrow (Fri) I may not make the trip, as it is supposed to be thunderstorming all day.
The story so far: break began late--Tuesday afternoon, instead of Monday. Tuesday Pete left, taking his marvelous drumset with him (sob). I wanted to learn to play the drums, but was too tired or too distracted by things like dinner, or too chicken to just sit down and play around to do so. (Also, I was not going to sound like an idiot when Pete was in the trailer, since I am so very uncoordinated not having played badminton or done fencing in eons). So I got a minnie session from Pete, and banged away a bit before he put it all away. Sigh. I really enjoyed listening to him drum, too--he's good, (he was in a punk band for a year, and played a bunch of gigs) and his practices are varied and interesting (and loud). How cool was that? :)
Seriously, when am I ever going to have a housemate who has a full drum set and can actually drum and he'll just let you play on? Arrggghhh! I annoy myself so much sometimes.
Ah, well. I placated myself by playing the drums on the couch later on, to one of his punk CDs. (It's this big leather couch, which makes good smack sounds when you hit it with drumsticks). Actually, quite fun. I may have to check out drum lessons at a community college when I get back....
For those of you worried that I might go crazy in the next few days before Pete comes back Sat night, fear not: my self-imposed exile will only last until Saturday morning. Arun is supposed to drive down from Lafayette. We're to go on a cave tour at the local Bluespring Caverns--you take a boat through the cave. Not nearly as strenuous or intimate as my last caving experience, but definately cool-sounding. So only have to entertain myself Friday. So far, I've been reading lots of books (finished _A Clash of Kings_ by JRR Martin and am about to finish _The Forest of Serre_ by Patricia McKillip), walking to the library, battling mice, etc. I really need to work on fixing the mist-nets tonight/tomorrow, otherwise I'm sure it won't get done, and the German in me wanted everything to be in perfect condition when I'm done here, including the cleaning, paperwork, (both of which I've already started).
The dread moment has arrived--I'm being kicked off. This is a long enough post anyway.
Bird Journal
Tales from Bloomfield, IN and elsewhere in the Northeast.
1 Comments:
Is there a time limit or something?
Post a Comment
<< Home